Bliss balls are a fab way to get lots of nutrients into your kids and they think it's a treat. Lots of recipes have nuts but there are quite a few around that are nut free so I though I would do a collection for you, all free from gluten, wheat, dairy, nuts, eggs, soy and refined sugar.
Bliss balls are also a great way to trial nuts if you need to. I used this fantastic recipe for Walnut and Raw Cacao Nib Bliss Balls by Quirky Cooking when my son trialed tree nuts. We started with walnuts as in the recipe and gradually added extra nuts as required. No fuss and he happily ate one for dessert every night ;) Oh, and he doesn't like nuts if you ask him!! haha
I make nut free bliss balls quite often for parties. Either roll them in desiccated coconut or even Loving Earth Drinking Chocolate works well.
So here are my top picks. I've tried to find a wide selection so they're not all just chocolate and seeds :)
1. Happy Tummies - Easy Nut Free Bliss Balls
2. The Nourished Psychologist - Bliss Balls 2 Ways
3. Wholefood Simply - Nut Free Bliss Balls
4. The Organised Housewife - Fruity Bliss Balls
5. Sistermixin' - Caramel Bliss Balls
6. The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer - Key Lime Bliss Balls
Use seeds as directed rather than nuts
7. Barefoot Kitchens - Chocolate Peppermint Bliss Balls
8. Cut Out the Crap - Kids Healthy School Balls
Scroll down to this recipe :)
9. Becommingness - Nut Free Caramel Fudge Bliss Balls
10. Taste - Strawberry Balls
Enjoy! Lisa x
Join the Happy Tummies community and get our Allergy Free Lunchbox Ideas e-book for FREE! Click here to join and get your book now!