Bliss balls are a fab way to get lots of nutrients into your kids and they think it's a treat. Lots of recipes have nuts but there are quite a few around that are nut free so I though I would do a collection for you, all free from gluten, wheat, dairy, nuts, eggs, soy and refined sugar.
Bliss balls are also a great way to trial nuts if you need to. I used this fantastic recipe for Walnut and Raw Cacao Nib Bliss Balls by Quirky Cooking when my son trialed tree nuts. We started with walnuts as in the recipe and gradually added extra nuts as required. No fuss and he happily ate one every day ;-) Oh, and he doesn't like nuts if you ask him!! haha
I make nut free bliss balls quite often for parties. Leave them plain, roll them in desiccated coconut or a good quality drinking chocolate.
So here are my top picks. I've tried to find a wide selection so they're not all just chocolate and seeds.
1. Happy Tummies - Easy Nut Free Bliss Balls
2. Wholefood Simply - Nut Free Bliss Balls
3. The Organised Housewife - Fruity Bliss Balls
4. Additive Free Lifestyle - Caramel Bliss Balls
5. The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer - Key Lime Bliss Balls
Use seeds as directed rather than nuts
6. Becomingness - Chocolate Cherry Balls
7. Happy Tummies - Mint, Chocolate & Coconut Nut Free Bliss Balls
Enjoy! Lisa x
PS. If you're looking for some quick and easy lunchbox ideas you can find lots in our lunch box section here.