I’m not one to go overboard with gifts for my kids at Easter. Don’t get me wrong, my kids don’t miss out but I just don’t feel it’s necessary to spend a heap of money at Easter and I don’t like to buy cheap junk just for the sake of it that gets thrown away the next day.
It’s important to me to remind my kids what the day is actually for. We like to keep it simple in our house with a few nice treats from the Easter bunny, an Easter egg hunt in our backyard and a small gift from us (because we’re not the Easter bunny!).
Anyway, I know there are lots of you who don’t like to give your kids heaps of chocolate or lollies for Easter and there are also heaps of you who have kids that can’t eat chocolate or don’t have many safe foods.
If you want to make your own food treats I did a blog post a few weeks ago about that and you might like to check that out here. If you’re looking for some non-food gifts you might like to consider a few of these:
1. Plastic fillable eggs with money or a small surprise inside
2. Sidewalk chalk
4. New winter PJs or a pair of slippers
5. Some cute reusable straws
6. A picture book for kids about Easter
7. Easter stickers or craft set
8. Easter mug or cup
9. Easter hair clips - check out this Pinterest board of hairclips – click here
10. Easter dress ups like bunny ears and tail
11. Some bento to make lunchboxes fun
12. Small ball or skipping rope
13. New cute toothbrush and toothpaste - a great idea this time of year!
14. An Easter t-shirt
15. Lip gloss / balm (make sure you check ingredients for kids with food allergies)
16. A small toy car
17. Easter themed ice pop moulds
18. Play dough - you could easily make your own checkout these gluten free recipes here
19. Some reusable food pouches
20. Packet of vegetable seeds to plant
21. An Oxfam Chicken
22. Coloured pencils, crayons, paints
23. A recipe book for older kids - chocolate cookbooks are great!
24. A small Lego set
25. An Easter bunny coupon – check out these free printable ones here
Have you got any other great non-food ideas for Easter you’d like to share? Please comment below if you do because I’d love to add to the list!