Chicken pasta is a quick and easy dish I make quite often that I can hide lots of veggies in and everyone is happy to eat the same dinner - winning! I find that lots of mums tell me that's a problem for them - cooking two dinners, so when you cook a dish like this there's no need. The pasta is added at the end too so it's easy to cook two pots of pasta if you want to do gluten free for some and regular for others.
This is just a quick pasta that I toss together. I've given you ingredients I use and a guide for added vegetables and meat but you could easily change these around - just go with what you've got in the fridge :)
Chicken Pasta Recipe
Gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, nut free
1 onion, medium size diced finely
2 cloves of garlic, freshly minced
2 tsps coconut oil (or oil of choice)
500g chicken breast chopped into small chunks
200g bacon, diced
150g mushrooms, sliced finely
2 carrots, grated or finely diced
2 sticks of celery, finely diced
Piece of zucchini - approx 150g, grated or finely diced
½ a red capsicum, finely diced
700g jar passata (I prefer organic passata in a jar)
2 tbsps tomato paste
1 heaped tablespoon homemade stock paste (or whatever you normally use)
2 tbsps Nutra Organics Vital Veggie Power (optional, but awesome for boosting nutrients)
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the coconut oil until browned - about 3 minutes
- Add the chicken and bacon and continue to sauté until browned
- Add in all of the other ingredients and simmer covered on low to medium for about 20 - 30 minutes. I usually only add about 2/3 of the jar of passata and then add more if required (freeze any left overs so it's not wasted!)
- Boil some water and put your pasta on to cook - follow packet instructions
- Serve sauce either on the top of pasta or mix through like I have in the picture - just cook as much pasta as you need for your family. The sauce is enough for 5 of us.
- Serve while warm
Recipe From happytummies.com.au - Copyright 2016 Happy Tummies
I sprinkled the pasta with Angel Food Dairy Free Parmesan Alternative!
Enjoy!! Lisa x
Join the Happy Tummies community and get our Allergy Free Lunchbox Ideas e-book for FREE! Click here to join and get your book now!