By Sonya Lee - Allergysave
Winter. Are you a fan of the cold? Like it or not, it’s here to stay for a few more months. One of the best things about it being cold outside is snuggling up in front of the fire and keeping warm. Add a pair of slippers and a bowl of something warm and delicious and I’m a happy mumma.
My Beef Ragu with Gremolata is perfect comfort food. It’s one of the recipes in my Allergy Friendly Home Cooking eBook available here, and I’m so happy to share it you. It’s a delicious hearty meal and the freshness of the gremolata lifts it to another level. Hope you love it too.
Beef Ragu With Gremolata
Gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, tree nut free, peanut free
2 tbsps safe oil (I use coconut oil)
500g gravy beef or chuck steak
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
1 large brown onion, diced
2 celery sticks, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
400 g tin of diced tomatoes
3 cups beef stock (always check ingredients label)
1 pinch fresh thyme
1 fresh rosemary sprig
2 bay leaves
2 tbsps flat leafed parsley, minced
1 tbsp lemon zest, freshly grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced (approx. 2 tsps)
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large heavy based ovenproof saucepan, over medium high heat
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Brown the meat in the hot pan for 2 - 3 mins on each side, or until golden. Remove beef to a plate
- Add remaining oil. Cook the carrot, onion, celery and garlic. Stir constantly for 3 mins, or until slightly softened. Add the tomatoes, stock, rosemary, bay leaves and thyme. Return the beef to the pan
- Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook on the stove top for 2 - 2½ hours (alternatively, cook in oven or slow cooker). Cook until the beef is fork tender
- Remove pan from the heat. Remove the thyme, rosemary and bay leaves
- Place the beef in a separate dish. Gently break the meat apart with fork
- Using a stick blender process the liquid and vegetables until smooth. If necessary, add a bit of water to thin out. Return the meat to the sauce
- Place pan on low heat. Serve ragu with zucchini pasta, sprinkled with gremolata
- Combine the parsley, lemon zest and garlic together in a small bowl with a fork. Serve sprinkled over Beef Ragu
Enjoy! Sonya & Lisa x
PS. Make sure you grab a copy of Sonya's book on the link below :-)
About Sonya Lee and Allergysave
This recipe is from Sonya’s Allergy Friendly Home Cooking eBook. All recipes are Top 8 free, you can find it and her other allergy friendly eBooks here.
Sonya is the founder of Allergysave and an Allergy Health Coach. She is passionate about helping people to thrive despite having allergies. She believes managing symptoms and addressing the underlying root cause of illness is the key to successful and ultimate health & wellbeing.
Allergysave offers Allergy Coaching and one off Consults for sufferers of allergic
conditions, allergy friendly recipes, eBooks and a convenient Allergy Directory,
plus much more. Check out her website at www.allergysave.com.au.
You can find Allergysave on social media here:
Join the Happy Tummies community and get our Allergy Free Lunchbox Ideas e-book for FREE! Click here to join and get your book now!