So with Easter around the corner you might be freaking out because you forgot to place an order when the dairy free chocolate Easter eggs arrived at Happy Tummies.....
Or you just like to make a few yourself like I do?!
Well the good news is that there's still plenty of time to order what you need to make these in time for Easter!
I'm really impressed with the range of products we have in stock from Nature's Charm. They're all dairy free, gluten free and soy free which is great news for most of us!
In today's blog, (can't really call it a recipe 'cause it's just prep really ;-) ) I've used Nature's Charm's range of sauces as a filling for some yummy filled eggs. I used a silicone mould to make these and I picked up a lovely new one at Spotlight for only a few dollars.
Dairy Free Filled Chocolate Easter Eggs
Gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, egg free, yeast free
- Use a double boiler or microwave to melt your chocolate - if you do it in the microwave only do it in short bursts and stir in between
- Place your silicone mould onto a board or flat plate so once it's filled you can easily move it into the fridge
- Spoon a small amount of chocolate into each mould and carefully spread it so it covers up the side of the silicone moulds using a teaspoon - remember it needs to be thin enough so there is still space inside the egg for the filling
- Pop the mould in the fridge to set
- Remove from fridge and fill with Nature's Charm sauce, leaving a space at the top to cover with chocolate - if the sauce is really runny, pop the mould in the fridge to set
- Fill the rest of the egg mould with melted chocolate
- Place in the fridge to fully set
- Pop chocolates out of the moulds and store in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to eat
Tip: If you have everything you need out ready before you melt the chocolate you can work quite quickly and won't need to re-melt or re-heat the chocolate.
Recipe From happytummies.com.au - Copyright 2017 Happy Tummies
Enjoy! Lisa x
This has been one of the most popular new products we've stocked at Happy Tummies recently. You can watch me whip it up and the kids taste test it on this video.