This week I've done something that will not take you long at all and your kids will be impressed.
All you need is some safe chocolate and a few Hopper 100s & 1000s, Hopper Sprinkles and Hopper Pearls. I've created six simple ideas you can make but there would be many other easy things you could do.
I like Enjoy Life Mega Chunks as a safe chocolate for my son. They're gluten, dairy, peanut and tree nut, egg and soy free. They melt really well too! Feel free to use whatever chocolate your child likes and is safe for their food allergies. I just used a double boiler to melt the chocolate and do it over a moderate heat.
1. The chocolate bark pictured above is simply melted Enjoy Life chocolate spread out on a tray lined with baking paper. I sprinkled on some contrasting Hopper 100s & 1000s and Hopper Pearls. One set I carefully cut into the desired shape with a knife.
2. The jingle bells are simply three marshmallows threaded onto white sticks and drizzled with Enjoy Life chocolate. I then gave them a sprinkle of Hopper 100s & 1000s Festive.
3. Dates are great filled with homemade nut butter with a pinch of salt if nuts are safe in your family. I removed the seeds from these medjool dates and filled them with Chocolate Butter to keep them nut free. Then I simply dipped them in the Enjoy Life chocolate and sprinkled with various Hopper 100s & 1000s and some Hopper Sprinkles in white.
4. You can't get much easier than homemade freckles! For these I just made circles of melted Enjoy Life chocolate on a tray with baking paper on it and then sprinkled with Hopper 1000s & 1000s and Hopper Sprinkles in white.
5. For these cute little decorated Christmas trees I bought a silicone mould for from K-mart. To make them I just carefully sprinkled some Hopper Pearls, Hopper Sprinkles in white and Hopper 100s & 1000s into the bottom of them and then carefully pouredthe melted Enjoy Life chocolate on top.
6. How cute are these chocolate cone trees? They'd make a brilliant centre piece for your table onChristmas day and they really were easy to make. I just rolled some Eskal Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones in the melted Enjoy Life chocolate. I placed them standing upside down on a tray lined with baking paper and gently tossed the Hopper 100s and 1000s Festive at the melted chocolate. You don't have to use these to serve ice cream! You could give them to the kids for dessert with some fruit salad in! YUM!
I hope you've got a few simple ideas from this so that your special little people (or big people) don't need to miss out at Christmas.
Enjoy! Lisa x